Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day Twelve: My Five Year Plan


In the next five years, my teaching will be much better - isn't that everyone's hope? I will use technology that I haven't even heard of yet; my students will have options to prove mastery that I haven't even thought of; I will be able to collaborate with teachers who are currently unavailable to me. I will be more knowledgeable of my content, as well as how to teach it.

In the next five years, I will have created competencies with my colleagues to shape our curriculum. My students will be allowed to move from my class and into another based on what they know, not based on how long they have spent in my room. My role will begin to shift from "all knowing knower of words and things" to "guide of words and things." I've already made this shift, many of my students are still shocked when I say things like "I don't know, let's look it up." My students will know that my classroom is a place to discover things and become better at words and things, not to just pass a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment