Monday, September 8, 2014

Day Six: A Mentor

A mentor directs me back to the purpose behind all of my actions:  to my students.


As a relatively new teacher, I can remember my mentor experience fairly well (and it was a good one - thanks Rob!). One thing I really appreciated was his ability to anticipate where I might be (mentally) as the year progressed. Suddenly I was in survival mode, and he knew that was where I would probably be at that point in time. I could ask him questions and expect honest and realistic answers. Observations were fair and based on student outcomes, and always had specific ideas on how to help my classes.

If I should ever be a mentor, I hope that I can keep the same focus on the kids.


(This one was a little boring - sorry... I'm working on multiple things at once, and one of them is catching up on these reflections!)

No comments:

Post a Comment