Friday, September 12, 2014

Day Ten: Facts and Things

Share five random facts about yourself.
- I love chocolate in my ice cream, but not chocolate ice cream.
- I work in the same school district where I attended school
- I have lived in Europe and Asia
- I taught EFL in both of those places (different age-groups)
- I taught elementary EFL for awhile, and that is when I learned that I probably shouldn't be an elementary school teacher.

Share four things from your bucket list.
- Live in/teach in New York or South Dakota (I know. Ask me, because I'd have to explain parts of this...)
- Walk the Camino de Santiago
- Go to Antarctica (I tried getting a job there as a dishwasher, and I didn't have enough experience :(...)
- Create a teacher prep program that I can help lead while also staying in a school as a teacher.

Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
- I hope to find a good balance between the two sides of my job,
- I hope to find a good balance between the entirety of my job and my "life,"
- I hope that my students can feel open and honest with me about their lives and their academic growth.

Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
- Laugh: I had a student tell me (and the entire class) that the reason he was tearing up was because "my left testicle was stuck to my leg, and when I stood up it ripped off." Admit it, you're laughing right now just reading that. I also cried because I laughed so hard.
- Cry: I tell my students that if they submit work with any "text speak" (ru ok, u know, idk...) that I will return their papers drenched in my tears. I should cry more often to make that threat true (I sometimes sprinkle it with some water).

Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
I know how to knit. Like, really, really well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment