Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day Eight: A Pencil Sharpener

Today's prompt: What's in your desk drawer, and what can you infer from its contents?

Literally, there's just a blue pencil sharpener. That's it.

I think from this you can infer one of two things: that I do not spend a ton of time at this desk, or that the desk drawer is TOO SMALL.

It's too small. The reason I don't have much in this desk drawer is because I have two places where I live this year - in the office and in my classroom. My classroom drawer has an assortment of whiteboard markers that I take and hide until I need them (and the supply room is out). It's like storing food in my cave before winter - except the cave is the classroom, and winter is "survival mode time" in high school; which, by the way, is exactly when all of the whiteboard makers begin to run out.

So I guess you can also predict that I have all of the markers by November.

No comments:

Post a Comment